Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ferryboats in Switzerland?!!!

Last saturday Alice and I headed over to Zurich to wander around a bit. Alice had mentioned that you can drive your car onto the ferryboat and take a trip across the Zurichsee. So, we did just that. I had my camcorder with me, and I mostly shot video, but I did take a few still shots along the way. Here are a few of the better ones.


This is a view of the bridge of the ferry, but from the back, so there is no one inside.


This is a view of the upper deck.


This is a nice view of the ferryboat 'Horgen'.

A trip across the lake cost us 10 Swiss Franks for the two of us and the car. It took about 10 minutes to cross and it runs every 10 minutes during the day. There are about 5 ferryboats in the fleet, which quite surprised me. See the Meilen-Horgen ferry website (german only) for more info.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.