Thursday, October 4, 2007

Scanning old photos...

So, I've got around to scanning a bunch of old slides that I have with me. I've got this big old box of slides, and a Canon CanoScan 8600F scanner to scan them in with.

I started out awhile back by using the CanoScan bundled software to scan them in with. Then I decided to give SilverFast a try. SilverFast lets you change all sorts of scanning parameters, and you can do multiple exposures. However, I decided that the CanoScan plugin for Photoshop (Elements, in my case) just works better for me.

Here are a few of the scans, the picture of Chrome Island was a lot of work, as it was horribly underexposed.

strathcona_waterfall.jpg

quintsa.jpg

chrome_island_2.jpg

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.